Here’s what you need: yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, salt, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, red pepper flakes, portobello mushroom, oil, large white onion, garlic, brown rice, pico de gallo, black beans, corn, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, lime, fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Vegan Portobello Fajita Bowls
- 3/4 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms cut into strips
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- After cooking
- 1 cup black beans
- lime wedges
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Stir together the spice blend.
- Add half of the spice blend to the cooking liquid with the quinoa, then cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- Toss the vegetables in olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining spice blend. Arrange on one or two baking sheets.
- Bake veggies for 15 minutes, give them a stir and return to the oven if they are not cooked to your liking. I cooked for 20 minutes total time. Cool.
- Divide into four meal prep containers: quinoa, veggies, black beans, and additional toppings like salsa or yogurt if desired. We loved ours served with freshly sliced avocado.