Perfectly Baked Chicken Breasts are juicy and delicious! We make these several times a month. If you need a really great and reliable recipe for baked chicken breasts, this is it!
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 6 cups Water
- 4 Chicken Breasts (skinless/boneless)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Coarse Salt (or 3/4 tsp table salt)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika (or sweet paprika)
- Before you begin, check the packaging to see if your chicken breasts are treated with salt water.
- If not, dissolve the 1/4 cup of salt in 6 cups of warm water (not too hot) in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts and let them soak for 20-30 minutes. Then rinse them in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- While the chicken is brining, mix the spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Set your oven to 425°.
- Rub the chicken with the olive oil and then rub with the spice mixture on both sides.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20* minutes Depending on size of breasts), or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. If you use a meat thermometer to measure the temperature thickest part of the breast, it should be between 160-170°F. (The FDA recommends 165°F.) Don’t let it overcook!
- Let the chicken rest about 5-10 minutes, loosely covered, before serving, and it will be juicy and moist.