- 1 (14 ounce) block of paneer
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup frozen onion masala (2 frozen cubes)
- 2 tablespoons cashew powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- Cilantro, garnish
- Cut approximately 1 inch (which is about 3 ounces) from a 14 ounce block of paneer and shred it using a hand grater. Set aside for now.
- Cut the rest of the paneer into triangles that are ¼ inch thick OR whatever shape you’d like.
- Melt ghee in a pan on the stovetop over medium heat and once hot, add cumin seeds and when they turn brown, add the spices all at once, quickly stir, then add the water and the onion masala and bring it to a simmer and let it cook together for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion masala melts.
- Add the cashew powder and all but ¼ cup of the shredded paneer (reserve ¼ cup shredded paneer for garnish) and mix well.
- Add 3 tablespoons of heavy cream, dried fenugreek leaves, and the paneer and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the paneer is warmed through.
- Garnish with the ¼ cup shredded paneer, the remaining 1 tablespoon of cream, and cilantro.
- To make cashew powder, add cashews to a blender or food processor and blend until finely ground (you do not want to turn the cashews into a paste). You can also find cashew powder on amazon.
- To crush dried fenugreek leaves, you just crush it between your fingers.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com