Also known as my go-to summer lasagna. Made with fresh tomatoes, plenty of zucchini, garden herbs, and a mix of fresh ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. This one pan dinner is ready within an hour and is the perfect way to use up all that summer zucchini!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 pound ground spicy Italian sausage
• 1 small sweet onion, diced
• 4 medium heirloom tomatoes (or regular), roughly chopped
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
• kosher salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup red wine
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
• 6-8 no boil lasagna noodles
• 3 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/8 inch slices
• 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
• 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
• Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook until the sausage is browned all over, about 8 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and any juices left on the cutting board. Add the cherry tomatoes, thyme, and oregano, season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in the wine and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and have released their juices. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
• Break the lasagna noodles in half and press half of them into the tomato sauce. Dollop on the ricotta cheese, then add half the zucchini in an even layer, pressing it into the sauce and submerging it. Add the remaining noodles, submerging them into the sauce. Add half the mozzarella and then arrange the remaining zucchini on top in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Top with mozzarella and parmesan.
• . . .
• . . .
Read More this full recipes at one pan zucchini and 3 cheese lasagna