I’m SO crazy for these wraps, like totally insanely crazy for these, and I’ve been making them non-stop for the past 3 weeks. Marin mama might need to be committed! They’re honestly my new favorite lunch and/or dinner, and the bonus is that Zoe loves them as much as I do. Yay Zoe! I’m working on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, ribs removed and diced small
- 1 cup well-rinsed quinoa – I love using this brand from Ancient Harvest as you don’t have to pre-rinse it
- 1¼ cups chicken broth – feel free to use vegetable broth if you want to keep it vegetarian
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half – If it’s fall/winter, or if you’re pressed for time you can use 1 (14.5-ounce) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes or regular diced tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini (approx 1 cup), diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper (approx 1 cup), diced
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fine Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes – you can add more or less depending on how spicy you like things.Both of my kids thought that it was perfectly spicy, but not too hot.
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice – from one lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese combination, cotija cheese and/or Queso fresco cheese – I like using a combination of the shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar along with Queso fresco.
- burrito size spinach, whole-grain or gluten-free tortillas
- Ok, first things first! I like to prep all of my ingredients in advance, because with this recipe, you’re basically cooking everything at once, so you’ll want to have everything chopped up and measured ahead of time.
- Mince up the 2 cloves of garlic and wash and dice up the jalapeño, put both into a small bowl and set aside.
- Measure out the 1 cup quinoa and the 1¼ cups chicken broth.