No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Tart with Chocolate Cookie Crust! An easy and impressive splurge-worthy dessert for Valentine’s Day or to satisfy your inner chocoholic! |
Graham Cracker Crust (or use pre-made crust):
- 1-1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs from about 9 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- pinch salt
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 pounds ripe strawberries hulled and thinly sliced (I used Driscoll’s Strawberries)
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves or your favorite jam
- powdered sugar for dusting; optional
To Make the Crust:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well with a fork. If using a food processor, pulse until combined.
- Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Press hard to compact. You can use a glass to press the bottom, but use your fingers to press the sides. Chill pie crust for at least one hour before filling. Cover if chilling longer.
To Make the Filling:
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to simmer. Pour cream over chocolate and allow to sit for a minute. Stir chocolate until it is completely smooth and melted. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour into chilled pie crust and refrigerate until the filling is firm.
- An hour or two before serving, arrange sliced berries in circles starting on outside of tart.
- Heat the strawberry preserves in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds and whisk until smooth. Brush the strawberry slices to glaze. Keep pie refrigerated until ready to serve. Dust some powdered sugar right before serving, if desired.