Must Try Homemade Churros
Churros are a delicious Spanish-style pastry that are perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. They are made with a simple dough that is deep-fried and then coated in cinnamon sugar. This recipe for homemade churros is easy to make and will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, butter, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the flour. Stir until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large pot to 375°F.
- Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe 4-inch strips of dough into the hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the churros from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Roll the churros in the cinnamon sugar mixture and serve warm.
Serving size: 1 churro