If you miss what ice cream tastes like and don’t want to pay $6 a pint you should make our low carb ice cream today!
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol/swerve confectioners
- 1.5 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 large yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the heavy whipping cream and swerve confectioner into a medium-high heat sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Once simmering add in the coco powder and combine well. Try to get a many chunks out as possible.
- In a separate bowl combine 2 egg yolks and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Continue to stir as cream, sugar and coco powder mixture starts to thicken. Once thick (as shown in video) remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled slowly add the cream mixture to the yolks as you whisk with a fork or hand mixer.
- Once it is all throughly combined whisk until you get a slight froth at the top.
- Place into freezer for 4-6 hours, checking on it and stirring it every 1 hour. Ours was set and ready to eat at 4 hours.
- TIP: If you freeze it over night you will want to let it sit out for a bit for it to be scoop-able. Enjoy!