Lemon Sugar Cookies
These Lemon Sugar Cookies are a delicious and easy-to-make treat. The combination of lemon and sugar creates a sweet and tart flavor that is sure to please. The cookies are soft and chewy, and the lemon zest adds a nice zing. Enjoy these cookies with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot tea.
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
5. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Calories: 140
– Fat: 7g
– Saturated Fat: 4g
– Cholesterol: 30mg
– Sodium: 70mg
– Carbohydrates: 17g
– Fiber: 0g
– Sugar: 10g
– Protein: 2g