Lemon Shortbread Cookies
These Lemon Shortbread Cookies are a delicious and easy-to-make treat. The combination of buttery shortbread and tart lemon is a classic flavor combination that will be sure to please. Enjoy these cookies with a cup of tea or coffee for a delightful snack.
– 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
– 2/3 cup granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until a soft dough forms.
6. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
8. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Calories: 120
– Fat: 7g
– Carbohydrates: 12g
– Protein: 1g
– Sodium: 60mg