Lemon Cream Pie is tangy and sweet with a buttery graham cracker crust. It’s just like key lime pie, but made with lemons, and topped with fresh sweetened whipped cream. A super easy spring or summer dessert, and great alternative to lemon meringue pie.The inspiration for this lemon pie came from my love of Key Lime Pie. It has the same elements. A buttery graham cracker crust, creamy citrus filling, and real whipped cream topping.The only thing I had to change was the fruit, from limes to lemons. I’ve actually made this creamy lemon pie with blueberries before and used Meyer lemons. Which are a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange.The chunks of blueberries in that pie are tasty too, but I love the simple and smooth richness of this lemon cream pie.
LEMON CREAM PIE
This lemon pie is creamy from sweetened condensed milk and tangy with fresh lemon juice and zest. A buttery graham cracker crust and sweetened whipped cream topping are the perfect accompaniment for this spring dessert.I love lemon curd, but I just don’t love meringue, so lemon meringue pie is a no-go for me. This lemon cream pie, on the other hand is a winner. If you’re a fan of Key Lime Pie, be sure to try this lemon variation.
MORE LEMON DESSERTS TO TRY:
- Lemon Bars – These classic lemon bars are extra tangy, perfectly sweet, and super easy to make. This is the ultimate lemon lovers’ recipe!
- Soft Baked Lemon Cookies – These lemon cookies are soft baked and have plenty of lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract throughout for a delicious lemon treat!
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pie – has layers of no-bake cheesecake and an easy microwave lemon curd inside of a vanilla wafer crust. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
- Lemon Crumb Bars – have a lightly sweet and buttery cookie base that doubles as the crumb topping, and an easy creamy lemon filling in the center. A delicious bar dessert that is a great substitute for pie.
- 12 graham crackers (rectangles)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 (14oz) cans sweetened condensed milk (can use original or fat-free)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, crush graham crackers until they resemble fine crumbs. Add sugar and combine. Melt butter in microwave. Add to crumb mixture and mix until all crumbs are wet. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a standard 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake crust at 350˚F for 8 minutes.
- Prepare filling while crust bakes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pour into hot crust and bake an additional 10-12 minutes, until filling is solid when jiggled in the pan.
- Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate 3 hours, or until chilled.
- Whisk heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Dollop or pipe onto top of pie before serving.
- You will need 4-5 fresh lemons for this recipe.
- Cover and store pie in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Subscribe via Email
get new recipes free via email: