Lemon and Blueberry Bougatsa
This delicious Greek dessert is a perfect way to end a meal. The combination of sweet blueberries and tart lemon is a classic flavor combination that is sure to please. The creamy custard filling is encased in a flaky phyllo pastry, making it a light and airy treat.
– 2 cups blueberries
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 4 sheets phyllo dough
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Brush with melted butter.
7. Place a second sheet of phyllo dough on top of the first sheet and brush with melted butter.
8. Repeat with remaining two sheets of phyllo dough.
9. Spread blueberry mixture over the top of the phyllo dough.
10. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
11. Let cool before serving.
– Calories: 250
– Fat: 10g
– Sodium: 200mg
– Carbohydrates: 37g
– Protein: 3g