- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon brown/black mustard seeds
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ serrano pepper or green chili, minced
- 15–20 curry leaves
- ½ inch knob ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ½ cups ripe mango cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- Melt the coconut oil in a dutch oven or pot over medium heat, then add the mustard seeds. Once the seeds begin to splutter, add the onion, serrano pepper, curry leaves, and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the edges of the onions begin to turn brown.
- Add the salt, turmeric, cayenne, stir, then add the mango and chickpeas, stir again, then pour in the coconut milk.
- Bring the pot to a simmer, then turn off the heat.
- Serve hot or warm or room temperature.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com