Julia Child’s Chocolate Mousse
This classic French dessert is a decadent treat that is surprisingly easy to make. Julia Child’s Chocolate Mousse is a rich and creamy dessert that is sure to please any chocolate lover.
* 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 egg yolks
* 2 egg whites
* 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1/4 cup cold water
1. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over low heat.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and egg yolks.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
4. Gradually add the cold water to the egg whites and beat until combined.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
6. Spoon the mousse into individual serving dishes and chill for at least 2 hours.
* Calories: 200
* Fat: 13g
* Carbohydrates: 17g
* Protein: 4g