- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
Tandoori Chicken Marinade:
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon kasoori methi leaves (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon amchur (green mango powder)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
Potato Curry (using leftover sauce/drippings):
- 1 ½ pounds (yellow or russet) potatoes, cut into 3-inch pieces
- ½ cup onion masala
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Using a paper towel, pat the chicken until it’s dry. Then add the chicken to the bowl and coat with the marinade. Keep in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and let it rest on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup water into the instant pot and then place a trivet in the pot.
- Put the chicken on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid, close the valve and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a platter. Let the chicken rest for another 10 minutes before cutting into it. Meanwhile, keep the drippings/sauce in the pot and use it to make potato curry (see below).
- Remove the trivet from the pot and add ½ cup onion masala to the sauce/drippings along with potatoes, salt and garam masala.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Quick release pressure.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com