This sweet potato red lentil dal soup is thick, velvety, and warming.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- ½ cup frozen onion masala (2 cubes of this silicone mold)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Cilantro, garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to the instant pot and mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve, and cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure or wait 10 minutes then release pressure.
- Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. You can add water to the pot if you’d like a thinner consistency.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com