- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 serrano pepper, slit in half but still intact
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup red lentils (masoor dal), rinsed
- ½ cup onion masala
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or red chili powder, to taste
- Cilantro, garnish
- Press the sauté button, add oil and allow it to heat up for a minute. Add cumin seeds and serrano pepper to the pot. Once the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure or wait 10 minutes, then release pressure.
- Adjust salt to taste and add more water if you’d like a thinner dal. The dal will thicken as it cools so if you are reheating it, you’ll likely need to add more water.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com