- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 green chili, to taste
- ½ cup thawed onion masala
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 whole black cardamom
- 3 whole green cardamom
- ¼ cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika or Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and mint
- Combine all of the ingredients listed under “blend” in a blender and let the ingredients sit in the blender for 10 minutes to soften then blend. Set aside for now.
- Combine all of the ingredients listed under “gravy” in a bowl and mix well. Add the blended yogurt mixture to the bowl and mix well. Spread this all over the chicken and keep in the fridge to marinate overnight if possible (or at least for a few hours).
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, tie legs with kitchen twine and let it rest on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place ½ cup water into the instant pot and then place a trivet in the pot. Put the chicken (along with the marinade) on top of the trivet.
- Secure lid, close pressure valve and cook for 30 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a baking sheet. Broil it in the oven for 5 minutes to give the chicken a slightly charred look.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- Meanwhile, press sauté and adjust the heat to the highest setting to reduce the gravy until it’s as thick as you’d like (make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot). You can spread/pour the gravy all over the chicken or serve it on the side.
- Garnish with cilantro and mint if desired.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com