- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 cups freshly grated lauki, peeled and soft middle/seeds removed (around 630-650 grams)
- ½ cup ghee
- 1 cup powdered milk (I use this brand)
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup chopped pistachios (I prefer raw pistachios because they are more green in color than roasted)
- Spread the sugar on the bottom of the pot. Spread freshly grated lauki on top of the sugar. Do not mix.
- Secure lid, close pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Quick release pressure.
- Press sauté and adjust the heat to the highest setting, then add ghee, milk powder and cardamom and let the mixture boil for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to let it simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes, stirring more frequently until the mixture dries and you see some ghee coming out of the sides (the amount of time varies depending on the lauki’s water content).
- Pour the lauki mixture into a well greased plate/pan (I use an 8×8 glass pan) and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Let it cool, then put it in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Slice and serve.
- I use a food processor to shred the lauki
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com