- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar (approx. 200-205g)
- ⅓ cup water (approx. 2.8 oz)
- ½ cup ghee (4 oz), room temp
- 2 ½ cups non-fat dry milk powder (approx. 235-250 grams)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom*
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Add the ricotta cheese, sugar, and water to the pot and mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve, and cook for 11 minutes at high pressure. (This is a good time to grind cardamom if you don’t have some on hand).
- Quick-release pressure.
- Add ghee, milk powder, and cardamom to the pot and stir until well combined (you may want to wear a glove to hold onto the hot pot as you stir).
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined 8×8 pan, sprinkle chopped pistachios over top, and then gently shake the pan to help level the fudge and also to help the pistachios stick.
- Let the milk cake cool down (takes about an hour), then put it in the fridge for 3 hours to set.
- Once chilled, lift from the pan using parchment then cut into 1.5-inch x 1.5-inch squares.
- Freshly ground cardamom powder is much more aromatic and flavorful than store-bought. I highly suggest grinding your own for this recipe (and for any Indian dessert recipe). Grind your own by removing the green shell and grinding the black seeds inside.
- I prefer using raw pistachios because they’re brighter green than roasted.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com