- 2 pounds boneless lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1–2 green chilis, minced, to taste
- 4 teaspoons coriander powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground fennel
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups long-grain basmati rice, rinsed (we’re cooking longer, no need to soak)
- 2 cups water
- Cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Mint, chopped, to taste
- Ghee-coated cashews and golden raisins (see directions below)
- Combine all of the ingredients listed under “marinade” together in the bottom of the instant pot and mix well. Let the marinated lamb come to room temperature for 20 minutes (if you want to marinate longer, just remove the lamb from the fridge 20 minutes before you want to cook it).
- Spread the rinsed rice so that it is in a thin layer overtop the marinated meat. Pour the water on top. Do not mix.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve, and cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure (this will take approx. 30-35 minutes).
- Sprinkle mint, cilantro, and ghee-coated cashews and raisins before serving.
To make ghee-coated cashews and raisins:
- Melt 2 tablespoons ghee in a small pot over medium heat, add ⅓ cup of halved cashews, stir-fry for a minute or until lightly golden, then add 2 tablespoons raisins and stir-fry until they plump up.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com