- 1 pound chopped cooked turkey, skin removed (preferably dark meat)
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 5 cardamom pods
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaf
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ½ cumin seeds
- ½ fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili or paprika
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds or cashews
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Press the sauté button and adjust the heat to the highest setting. Add the oil to the pot and once it’s hot, add the whole spices and stir. Once the cumin seeds turn brown add the onions. Stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until the onions begin to brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add cooked turkey and ground spices and mix well. Then add the water and rice and mix well (since the turkey is already cooked, I suggest mixing the water and rice together).
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, mint, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com