- 1 cup ground golden flaxseed meal OR almond flour
- 10 medjool dates, pits removed, chopped into small pieces*
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- ¼ cup raisins (or another dried fruit)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds OR ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Press sauté on the instant pot and toast the flaxseed meal or almond flour for 8-10 minutes or until it turns slightly golden. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- Turn off the heat, add ghee and allow it to melt and coat the bottom of the pot. Then add the chopped dates and water.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Quick release pressure.
- Add the toasted flour back into the pot along with the raisins and spice and mix well mashing it all together.
- Remove the steel liner from the instant pot (so the mixture doesn’t burn).
- Use a small cookie scoop to remove the warm mixture and roll into balls. Set the ladoos on a plate and let them cool, then eat!
*you need to chop the dates into small/medium pieces so they really soften.
feel free to change this up by adding different additions to the ladoos! you can add chopped nuts, dried fruit and spices.