- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chili
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon white or black pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon white poppy seeds
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- mint and green chilies, garnish
- Blend the ingredients listed under “yogurt sauce” and pour this over the raw chicken. Mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- While waiting for the chicken to cook, add the cashews, poppy seeds and heavy cream to the blender (I don’t bother rinsing) and let this sit (to allow the nuts and seeds to soften).
- Naturally release pressure or wait 10 minutes then release pressure.
- Blend the cashew sauce and stir this into the pot.
- Garnish with mint and green chilies.
- Don’t worry about using black pepper, the dish will still look white overall. Oh you weren’t worried? Heh, alright then…
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com