- 2 cups dried chickpeas OR 2 cups soaked chickpeas
- 6 cups water
- If soaking the chickpeas overnight: place the chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with 2 inches of cold water. The chickpeas will absorb water and expand in size, so make sure to use a large bowl. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add the dried or soaked chickpeas and 6 cups of water to the instant pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve, and cook for 20 minutes if soaked overnight or 1 hour and 15 minutes if unsoaked.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Drain the water, rinse chickpeas and use in recipes!
- To store in the fridge/freezer: drain the chickpeas in a colander and rinse them well, then allow them to dry. Once room temperature and dry, place the drained chickpeas into an airtight container or ziplock bag and store in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for several months.
To replace 1 can of chickpeas in recipes, use 1.5 cups of cooked chickpeas.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com