- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced (approx 2 to 3 cups diced)
- 1 ½ cups celery slices (3 sticks of celery)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups carrots coins (approx 4 carrots peeled and chopped)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles or noodles of your choice (gluten-free works too)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Press sauté and adjust heat to the highest setting. Add butter and once it melts, add the onion, celery, garlic, ginger, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve, and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Quick-release pressure.
- Press the sauté button (the heat should still be on the highest setting – if not, adjust it), and add the carrots.
- Now wait for the pot to come to a full boil (this takes about 8 minutes), then add the noodles to the pot and mix well. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes uncovered, or until the noodles are tender.
- Add parsley, stir, taste for seasoning, and adjust if necessary.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with additional parsley leaves and serve.
- Egg noodles absorb broth as they sit, you may need to add more broth when reheating leftovers.
- If using a different type of noodle, follow the cook time listed on the package
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com