- 1 cup whole masoor dal (brown lentils), soaked for 1-2 hours
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ serrano pepper, minced (adjust to taste)
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ cup onion masala
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Cilantro, garnish
- Soak the lentils for a couple hours (or overnight). Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Press the sauté button, add the ghee/oil and allow it to heat up for a minute. Add cumin seeds and green chili pepper to the pot. Once the cumin seeds brown, add lentils and remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Naturally release pressure.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Read More Recipes klik myheartbeets.com