Easy Crispy Orange Chicken
This easy crispy orange chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that is sure to please the whole family. It’s made with simple ingredients and comes together in just 30 minutes. The chicken is lightly battered and fried until golden and crispy, then tossed in a sweet and tangy orange sauce. Serve it over steamed rice for a complete meal.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken cubes and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Pour the mixture into the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water. Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and stir until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the chicken is heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over steamed rice.
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe (about 4 ounces of chicken)
Saturated fat: 3.5g