Homemade Chicken Nuggets
These homemade chicken nuggets are a delicious and healthier alternative to store-bought nuggets. They are easy to make and can be served as a main dish or as a snack. The combination of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese gives them a delicious crunchy texture.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- In a third shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each chicken cube in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure each cube is evenly coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken cubes and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken nuggets from the skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the chicken nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce.
Serving size: 4 chicken nuggets