Authentic Chicken Curry (Easy Chicken Salan)
This easy chicken salan is a delicious and authentic Indian-style curry that is sure to please. It is made with simple ingredients and is ready in under an hour. The combination of spices and herbs give it a unique flavor that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon garam masala
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can coconut milk
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add the cilantro and season with salt to taste.
8. Serve over cooked rice or with naan bread.
– Calories: 463
– Fat: 28g
– Carbohydrates: 11g
– Protein: 39g
– Sodium: 545mg
– Fiber: 2g