Homemade Orange Chicken
This homemade orange chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is sure to please the whole family. It is made with simple ingredients and is ready in under an hour. The sweet and tangy orange sauce is the perfect complement to the crispy chicken.
* 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup honey
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Add the chicken cubes and toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
6. Reduce the heat to low and add the orange juice mixture.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
8. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
* Calories: 437
* Fat: 11g
* Carbohydrates: 37g
* Protein: 39g
* Sodium: 890mg