Homemade Orange Chicken Recipe
This homemade orange chicken recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is sure to please the whole family. It is made with simple ingredients and is ready in under an hour. The sweet and tangy orange sauce is the perfect complement to the crispy chicken.
– 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 cup orange juice
– 1/4 cup honey
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons cold water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken cubes in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the flour to the bowl and toss to coat the chicken.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
7. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to combine.
8. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water.
10. Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and stir to combine.
11. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
12. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
13. Serve over rice or noodles.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 10g
– Carbohydrates: 37g
– Protein: 43g
– Sodium: 845mg