Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Doughnuts
These Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Doughnuts are a delicious treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth. The doughnuts are made with a rich chocolate dough and filled with a creamy hazelnut filling. The doughnuts are then topped with a chocolate glaze and chopped hazelnuts for a crunchy finish. These doughnuts are sure to be a hit with family and friends!
– 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup light brown sugar
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 cup hazelnut spread
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and buttermilk.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan, filling each cavity about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a doughnut comes out clean.
7. Allow the doughnuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. In a medium bowl, combine the hazelnut spread, chocolate chips, and chopped hazelnuts.
9. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it just begins to simmer.
10. Pour the hot cream over the hazelnut mixture and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
11. Spoon the hazelnut cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip.
12. Insert the tip into the side of each doughnut and pipe the filling into the center.
13. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of melted butter, 1/4 cup of heavy cream, and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar until smooth.
14. Dip the top of each doughnut into the glaze and place on a wire rack to set.
15. Sprinkle the tops of the doughnuts with chopped hazelnuts.
– Calories: 350
– Fat: 18g
– Saturated Fat: 8g
– Cholesterol: 50mg
– Sodium: 200mg
– Carbohydrates: 42g
– Fiber: 2g
– Sugar: 24g
– Protein: 5g