Taco Stuffed Peppers are a delicious and healthy way to enjoy tacos without all the carbs. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to your liking. The peppers are stuffed with a flavorful taco filling and topped with cheese and your favorite toppings. Enjoy this healthy and delicious meal for lunch or dinner!
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, black beans, corn, and tomatoes to the skillet and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and fill each pepper half with the taco filling. Top with shredded cheese.
- Return the peppers to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Serving size: 2 stuffed pepper halves
Additional Tips and Variations
- For a vegetarian version, substitute the ground beef with crumbled tofu or cooked quinoa.
- For a spicier version, add some diced jalapeños to the taco filling.
- For a creamier version, add some sour cream to the taco filling.