Grandma’s Coconut Cream Pie
Grandma’s Coconut Cream Pie is a classic dessert that is sure to please. This creamy, coconut-filled pie is a delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of the sweet coconut and creamy custard filling is sure to be a hit with everyone.
* 1 9-inch pre-made pie crust
* 2 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
* 1/2 cup of sugar
* 1/4 cup of cornstarch
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt
* 2 cups of whole milk
* 2 large eggs
* 2 tablespoons of butter
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the pre-made pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract.
5. Pour the coconut mixture into the pie crust.
6. Pour the milk mixture over the coconut mixture.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the center is set.
8. Allow to cool before serving.
* Calories: 350
* Fat: 16g
* Cholesterol: 70mg
* Sodium: 250mg
* Carbohydrates: 44g
* Protein: 6g