Soft Gingerbread Cookies
These soft gingerbread cookies are the perfect holiday treat. They are spiced with ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup light brown sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1/4 cup molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and molasses and beat until combined.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Calories: 140
– Fat: 7g
– Sodium: 140mg
– Carbohydrates: 18g
– Protein: 2g