meat and seasonings to make the perfect meal. Tastes just like the inside of an egg roll while staying gluten-free
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 diced onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz ground pork (I used Sage flavoured Smithfield or 10 oz of Jennie-O Natural Turkey Sausage)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1tbsp ACV
- 2 tbsp Whole30 mayo
- 16-20 oz shredded cabbage (or whatever size bag you have)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 tbsp sesame oil to a large skillet. Heat skillet on medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, stirring often for 5 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
- Add in ground pork and ginger. Stir to combine, breaking up the pork as you go. Cook until pork is fully cooked, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- While pork is cooking, combine coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar and mayo. Stir to combine.
- Once pork is cooked, add coconut amino mixture and stir to combine. Add in shredded cabbage, slowly while stirring to help cook it down and make more room.
- Continue to stir and cook cabbage mixture for about 5 minutes or until cabbage just begins to soften.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- If you can’t find Whole30 approved sausage, follow this recipe to make your own.
- You can use soy sauce instead of coconut aminos
- Sometimes I have made this with Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage. It still tastes amazing but does list sugar on the ingredient label so it is not officially Whole30 compliant.
- If using turkey instead of pork, here is the nutritional information: 283 calories, 19.8 g of fat, 9.7 g of carbs (3.9 g fibre, 4.6 g of sugar), 15.6 g of protein.