Easy Chicken and Gravy
This easy chicken and gravy recipe is a delicious and comforting meal that can be made in just 30 minutes. It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey, and the gravy is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until combined and the mixture is bubbly.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked, shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe (about 1 cup)