Easy, Healthy Butter Chicken
This easy, healthy butter chicken recipe is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy a classic Indian dish. It’s made with simple ingredients and is ready in just 30 minutes. The creamy sauce is made with yogurt and tomato paste, and the chicken is cooked in a flavorful blend of spices. Serve it with basmati rice or naan for a complete meal.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine the cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, ginger, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken cubes and toss to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and tomato paste. Add the yogurt mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and cilantro and stir to combine. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the butter chicken over basmati rice or with naan.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe (about 1 cup)
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 8g
Total Carbohydrate: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 1g