Shortbread cookies are a classic holiday treat that are easy to make and delicious to eat. This recipe yields about two dozen cookies and takes about an hour to make. The buttery, crumbly texture of these cookies is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 90
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 1g