“Deliciously Decadent Rasmalai: An Indian Dessert Recipe”
Rasmalai Indian Dessert Recipe
– 2 liters of full-fat milk
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 2 tablespoons of rose water
– 2 tablespoons of chopped pistachios
– 2 tablespoons of chopped almonds
– 2 tablespoons of raisins
– 2 tablespoons of cardamom powder
1. In a large pot, bring the milk to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon juice. Stir the milk until it starts to curdle.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and strain the curdled milk through a cheesecloth.
4. Rinse the cheesecloth with cold water and squeeze out the excess liquid.
5. Place the cheesecloth with the curdled milk in a bowl and add the sugar, rose water, pistachios, almonds, raisins, and cardamom powder.
6. Mix the ingredients together until they are well combined.
7. Form the mixture into small balls and place them on a plate.
8. Heat a pot of water over medium-high heat and add the balls.
9. Simmer the balls for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Remove the balls from the pot and place them in a bowl of cold water.
11. Serve the Rasmalai balls chilled with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and almonds. Enjoy!