These classic Thumbprint Cookies are a delicious treat for any occasion. They are easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients. The cookies are soft and chewy with a sweet jam center. Enjoy them with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot tea.
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup jam or jelly
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Using your thumb or the back of a spoon, make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
8. Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon of jam or jelly.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden.
10. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
* Calories: 140
* Fat: 7g
* Carbohydrates: 17g
* Protein: 2g
* Sodium: 70mg