These classic spritz cookies are a holiday favorite. They are buttery and sweet, and can be decorated with festive sprinkles or colored sugar.
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Sprinkles or colored sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring until combined.
6. Fit a pastry bag with a large star tip and fill with cookie dough.
7. Pipe dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, forming 1-inch circles.
8. If desired, top with sprinkles or colored sugar.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
10. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Calories: 80
– Fat: 4g
– Sodium: 40mg
– Carbohydrates: 10g
– Protein: 1g