Moroccan Chicken & Rice
This Moroccan Chicken & Rice dish is a flavorful and easy-to-make meal that is sure to please the whole family. It is a combination of fragrant spices, tender chicken, and fluffy rice that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, ginger, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, rice, and raisins. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the parsley.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe (about 1 1/2 cups)
Saturated fat: 2.5g