The Best Cut-Out Lemon Sugar Cookies
These cut-out lemon sugar cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and tart. The lemon zest and juice give the cookies a bright flavor, while the sugar adds a hint of sweetness. The cookies are easy to make and are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 2 teaspoons lemon zest
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
5. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
7. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
8. Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters and place on the prepared baking sheets.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
10. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
* Calories: 140
* Fat: 7g
* Sodium: 70mg
* Carbohydrates: 17g
* Protein: 2g