Delicious Dishes from New Bethlehem Free Will Baptist Church: Grantsboro, N.C.
New Bethlehem Free Will Baptist Church’s Famous Fried Chicken
-2-3 lbs of chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, legs, wings)
-2 cups of all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons of garlic powder
-2 teaspoons of onion powder
-2 teaspoons of paprika
-1 teaspoon of black pepper
-1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
-1 teaspoon of dried thyme
-1 teaspoon of dried oregano
-1 teaspoon of dried basil
-1 teaspoon of dried parsley
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1 cup of buttermilk
-1/4 cup of hot sauce
-Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, basil, parsley, and salt. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk and hot sauce.
3. Dip each piece of chicken into the buttermilk mixture, then coat with the flour mixture. Make sure each piece is evenly coated.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Place the chicken pieces in the hot oil and fry for about 10 minutes, flipping once, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
7. Serve the fried chicken hot with your favorite sides. Enjoy!