Chocolate Chip Cookies without Brown Sugar
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies without Brown Sugar is a delicious and easy way to make a classic cookie without the use of brown sugar. The combination of white sugar and molasses gives the cookies a unique flavor and texture that is sure to please.
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup molasses
* 2 large eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and molasses until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
* Calories: 140
* Fat: 7g
* Sodium: 140mg
* Carbohydrates: 18g
* Protein: 2g