I made this recipe back when I first started my blog. It is still in my top five favorite recipes here on the blog. I love beef and broccoli and I always order it whenever we go out. Well this recipe in my opinion is better than takeout and only takes minutes to throw in the slow cooker!
- 1 lbboneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cbeef consumme
- 1/2 csoy sauce
- 1/3 cbrown sugar
- 1 Tbspsesame oil
- 3garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbspcornstarch
- 2 TbSpcooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- hot cooked rice
- 1 Place beef in a crock pot.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 3 In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine. (If your sauce is not thickening, try bringing your sauce to a boil on the stovetop with the corn starch mixture. Boil until your desired consistency is reached).
- 4 Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- 5 Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
- 6 Serve over hot cooked rice.