“Creamy Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff: A Rainbow Plant Life Recipe Video”
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup dry white wine
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 cups vegetable broth
– 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– Cooked egg noodles, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, thyme, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the white wine and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste, vegetable broth, and vegan Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and vegan sour cream until smooth.
6. Slowly add the sour cream mixture to the skillet and stir until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
7. Serve over cooked egg noodles and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!