Super Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta
This delicious and easy-to-make creamy tomato pasta is the perfect weeknight dinner. It’s creamy, flavorful, and ready in just 30 minutes. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover tomatoes you may have in the fridge.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups diced tomatoes
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 8 ounces penne pasta
– 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
5. Meanwhile, cook the penne pasta according to package instructions.
6. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the skillet with the tomato sauce.
7. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Serve warm.
– Calories: 437
– Fat: 19g
– Carbohydrates: 51g
– Protein: 12g
– Sodium: 437mg